July 28, 2019

Goblin High Command


My goblins are reinforced by some command types from Splintered Light's Goblin warband

Firstly, on the far left, a wizard in patchy robe, perched on a rock and festooned with amulets. I did consider a Night Goblin colour scheme but, again, any combination of 15mm mini, black clothing and my skill level would make for a poor finish. The second and third are leaders of some sort. The burly spear-goblin is straightforward enough but the running goblin with severed head is a great, animated pose. 

Stylistically, there's something about most of the Splintered Light goblins that suggest they are a cut above the usual green hero-fodder. The musician and standard bearer are in keeping with that style, well-equipped and warmly dressed. The flag could do with an icon but that's a job for Future Me as I don't think I've got the skills yet.

When added to my stash of painted goblins, this batch gives me another full size Dragon Rampant unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment