October 06, 2019

Alien Foliage

My Battlefront desert buildings might have sufficed for playtesting but I felt the time had come to start looking for more alien options. After two months, a very small shipment of aquarium plants wound its way to my door from Hong Kong.
As a proof of concept, I decided to make five bases of alien plant life. The base materials were quite simple. I pulled all the red leafy elements off the aquarium plant and made a small pile of bits. I dug out some Renedra 40mm round bases to use as a... base. (Not pictured: I prepped the bases with sand and washes before gluing on the "plants").

Using four leafy elements per base and a hot glue gun, I created the above. Emboldened by success, I went on to make another seven. All are now sitting awaiting use. Having little experience with hot glue, I don't know how they'll handle the rigours of play and storage but if they don't work out, I'll add a note to that effect here.

No comments:

Post a Comment